then是什么意思(老外说的“then”居然不是然后)

当“then”表示时间或者事物的先后顺序时,替换词有:Next, so later, after that, afterwards
1. I finished my work and I was feeling tired. So later when I got home, I had a nap.
我完成工作之后觉得非常累,之后就回家睡了一觉 。
2. Let's go out now and eat afterwards.
我们现在出去吧一会再去吃饭 。
3. Shortly afterwards I met my ex again.
不久之后,我又遇到了我的前任 。
当“then”表示“而且,此外”的意思时,替换词有:
Further, furthermore, moreover, in addition, additionally
1. He is old and unpopular. Furthermore, he has only 2 years of political life ahead of him.
他年纪大了又不得人心 。而且,他也只有两年的政治生命了 。
2. I choose you because you can speak Cantonese, moreover, you are the only person I can think of who is capable of doing this job.
我选择你是因为你能说粤语 。而且,你也是我能想到的能胜任这份工作的唯一人选 。
and then some 而且远不止这些
The final was killing us. It includes 40 multiple choice questions, one short essay question, 10 true or false questions, and then some.
这次期末考试太让人痛苦了 。它有40道多选题,一个简答题,10道判断题,而且还远不止这些 。
but then 不过,话又说回来
I was about to argue with him, but then I realized that he might be right.
我正准备和他争论,不过我又意识到,他也许是对的 。
为啥老外说话喜欢在句末加个“then”?
then 有时候可以不是「然后」的意思 。比如下面情况:
Are you going then?你要走了吗?
【then是什么意思(老外说的“then”居然不是然后)】这里句尾的 then 就表示惊讶和质疑 。
Mom: Tom, go and clean your room.
Tom: I heard you.
Mom: What are you waiting for then!
妈妈的意思是,既然你都听到了,那还等啥呢?快去打扫房间啊!
这里的 then 表达急躁情绪暴躁的情绪 。
Have you arrived then?你到了吗?
Come on then!
这里的 then 等于 now ,表示现在,马上 。
你朋友不爱吃cheese,而你却很喜欢,你对他说:
You haven't tried cheddar then!
你都没尝过切达干酪!(意思是,如果你尝过切达干酪,你肯定会喜欢的 。)
这里的“then”都表示反对意见 。